From the moment the Strictly Come Dancing line-up is announced in August, we’re instantly excited for cosy Saturday night’s in front of the telly… oh and Christmas. Too soon?
Because as soon as Strictly returns to our TV screens in the Autumn, it suddenly feels acceptable to swap going out on a Saturday for staying in. Because, erm… STRICTLY IS ON!
And, with the likes of Mollie King, Ruth Langsford and Gemma Atkinson hitting the dance floor this year, we reckon this line-up is one of the best so far.
So who is Mollie King? We know she’s of popstar fame, having been a member of The Saturdays since 2007 and we know she’s a total blonde bombshell. But did you know she enjoyed a successful ski career before joining The Saturdays? And what else do we need to know about this Strictly mega-babe?
1. She’s dated a whole host of famous hunks, including David Gandy and even PRINCE HARRY! Yup, despite initially denying the rumours, Mollie, 30, finally addressed the rumours in 2012, saying: Yes, I have met Harry, and we did go out for a drink,” after the pair were spotted dancing at Bunga Bunga in London together.
Royal links aside, Mollie’s most recent boyfriend is none other than hunky model David Gandy. The gorgeous couple first struck up a romance in 2011, before calling it quits in 2012. They then rekindled in 2014, but split again in 2016 after he reportedly wasn’t ready to start a family.
Reflecting on happier times before they split, Mollie gave an insight into the domestic bliss they shared when she admitted he made her dinner every night. What a keeper. In 2017, Mollie released her first solo single Back To You, which is thought to be about their on/off relationship.
2. She hates her birthday. Unlike most girls, Mollie hates the attention you get on your big day. What!? “It’s loads of attention on you for no reason and you don’t know what to do with it,” she admitted. “Everyone’s just asking you “How are you?” and stupid questions. There’s just no need for it.” Think of the presents, Mollie!
3. She buys her pants from Primark! Despite being a member of one of the most successful UK girl bands, Mollie still buys her pants from Primark. In an interview she once admitted: “I’d like to say Victoria’s Secret but I’ve got a few Primarks in there.” A girl after our own hearts.
4. She’s always late for work. Mollie’s admission about being late for work doesn’t bode well for Strictly’s gruelling rehearsal schedule, does it? On being “slow” in the mornings, Mollie once admitted: “I’m slow, in both senses of the word. It takes me a while to wake up my brain and I’m very slow just in life in the morning. I’m always late for work.” Yeah, that might have to change…
5. She appeared in Hollyoaks! Not only can Mollie sing (and hopefully dance), the pop songstress has also tried her dab hand at acting, too! Mollie and her bandmate Frankie Bridge made a cameo appearance in Hollyoaks Later back in 2008. Amazing.
All Credit Goes To : Source link