Man charged in two Oakland fatal shootings – The Mercury News

0
75



OAKLAND — A 37-year-old Stockton man has been charged with two counts of special circumstance murder in the fatal shootings last month of two men sitting in a truck in East Oakland, according to authorities and court documents.

Antonio P. Belvine Jr. is also charged with assault with a semiautomatic firearm, shooting at an occupied vehicle, and two counts of being a felon in possession of a firearm.

He is accused of fatally shooting Pedro Gonzalez Sanchez, 32, and Jose Gameros Alvarado, 27, both of Oakland, about 5:45 p.m. June 11 as they sat inside a truck in the 9500 block of Birch Street.

Police had said earlier the two slain men were friends.

Police have not been able to determine whether Belvine knew the two men, nor have they released a motive for the killings.

According to court documents, Belvine was later identified by witnesses as the gunman. Authorities said he previously lived in Oakland.

He was arrested July 12 at his Stockton home and formally charged July 14.  He is being held without bail at Santa Rita Jail.

According to court documents, Belvine has three prior felony convictions. One was in 2002 for burglary, one in 2003  for possession of marijuana and the other in 2005 for sale of a controlled substance. He was placed on probation for the three convictions.

 



All Credit Goes To : Source link

Comments

comments